Community Dinners & Neighboring Faiths
Monthly Community Dinners – and a New Neighboring Faiths Program!
We will re-started our monthly community dinners on Wednesday, October 11th. After that date, the dinners will continue to be on the second Wednesday of the month for the time being.
For anyone of any age who would like to stay for a program after dinner, this year we will be offering Neighborhood Bridges. This introductory multigenerational neighboring faiths program is focused on meeting neighbors in Greater Danbury and hearing a little from them about what is important to them about their faith traditions.
There are two components of this program each month:
- A visit to a faith community on dates TBA
- A gathering time after the community dinner to either prepare for the visit or check in with one another after the visit
The schedule is as follows (subject to change as visits are arranged with each faith community):
- October – meeting our Jewish neighbors at Temple Beth El
- November – meeting our Hindu neighbors on our campus
- December – BREAK (no program)
- January – meeting our Sikh neighbors in Norwalk
- February – meeting our Buddhist neighbors in Redding
- March – meeting our Baptist neighbors in Danbury
- April – meeting our Muslim neighbors TBD
- May – program wrap-up