Couples come to us to help celebrate their marriages for many reasons:
- We are more open and flexible about the design of the ceremony;
- We perform ceremonies for couples from different faith traditions;
- Membership in our church is not required in order to be married by our clergy;
- Our ministers are willing to officiate “off-site” — in parks, private homes and other venues;
- We do not stigmatize couples who have been cohabiting prior to marriage, or because one or both parties have been married previously;
- We are a “Welcoming Congregation” and perform weddings for gay, lesbian and transgendered couples.
Why do we operate this way? Because our church places a high value on the dignity in human relationships. We do not think there is any “right” way to plan a wedding. We are concerned about facilitating the growth of a mutually blessed relationship, and with helping to lay the groundwork for the next phase of your lives. Call (203) 798-1994 for more information or to set up a meeting with our minister.